Free things to do in Sydney
Having grown up in Sydney for 27 years and our family living on a low budget, we found free things that we could still have fun doing and to tell you the truth I love my mum even more for it to put the time in to still find us these things to do, keep us busy and put a smile on our faces.
As it goes, you don’t need all the money in the world to live a good life, you just need the right people around you in the right places.
1.Darling harbour offers a picture perfect walk with views of the harbour, opera house and Luna park plus a great playground of no charge for the kids including some water for them to splash around in. Not far from there is Paddy’s Markets and the Royal Botanic gardens that you can have a peaceful afternoon in.
2. There’s always a stroll along the Harbour Bridge, have a seat and take some photos on the Opera House steps. Not far is the Art gallery for those who have an eye for pretty things.
3. In Sydney’s northern beaches there’s Palm Beach, where the famous ‘Home and Away’ is filmed and played to air, so it’s always fun to check that out and if you’re lucky it might be filming day!
4. The rocks has a very romantic setting for couples to have some alone time enjoying great views.
5. Penrith offers the Nepean river also with a huge playground for children and a rope swing into the water for the adventurist kids. And don’t forget, it’s a get place for fishing!!
6.The Blue Mountains offer The Three Sisters in Katoomba which is something to not be missed including a great walk to go with it and not far from there is the Blue Mountain Botanic Gardens which are beautiful.
7. Kiama offers the blowhole that every tourist loves to visit, while they throw on a farmers market also free to attend and if it’s the right time of year there’s also whale watching for the whole family to love.
8.Fitzroy falls is also another great walking track with an outstanding waterfall to see, they have picnic areas and also a cycling track from Fitzroy falls to Kangeroo Valley and if you’re up for walking there’s also the sublime point walking track in Wollongong.
9.Wollongong also has the Nan Tien Temple which even kids love, there’s a fantastic bike track from Wollongong to Thirroul but be sure to not miss Wollongong’s Head Light House, they also have the big Cannons and plenty of interesting history around the place. They host eat street markets of a Thursday night in the heart of Wollongong and the music makes you feel right at home.
10. Cronulla, Sutherland Shire – Gods Country they say with some of the most stunning beaches where you will also find the figure 8 pools in the royal national park after an amazing walk around the place.
11. Bondi beach never disappoints with an awesome atmosphere, the best beach in Sydney with a free pool for the kids. And for the youngsters there’s some awesome artists working on some great pieces around the place.
12. Parramatta has James Ruse Water Playground which is free of charge and a great day out for the kids – just don’t forget to slip slop slap!
13. If you love to Star gaze then keep a look out as sometimes there might be a ‘free entry’ weekend to the Sydney Observatory. That’s always worth the wait.
Sydney has so much to offer that’s free but more than that, its where you will make some of your best memories and friends.
Well what are you waiting for?! Stop reading and get out there!! Its adventure time!
© RightCourse.com.au – Choose the Right Course