• This program provides advanced professionally oriented studies for practising educators, focusing on the professional development needs and in-service requirements of teachers and administrators. Some pathways offer specific qualifications while others offer significant professional advantage to educators interested in career advancement or broadening career options.

    Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) are available for Australian citizens, permanent visa holders, and New Zealand citizens for students enrolling in the field of Guidance, Counseling and Careers. Please note that places are limited and allocated on the basis of academic merit. If you are a commencing student and have nominated this field of study in your application, you will be contacted by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in the first weeks of semester, regarding whether you have been successful in gaining a CSP place. If you have not nominated this field, but intend to or you are an existing student wanting to change fields, please contact the Faculty via UQ Answers , then click on “Send us your question” prior to the commencement of semester in order to be considered for a CSP place.

    Studies may be undertaken in the following specialisations. Please click on the major(s) that are of interest to you for more information.

    Master of Educational Studies
    – Behaviour Management Field of Study
    – Curriculum Field of Study
    – Guidance, Counselling and Careers Field of Study
    – Leadership Field of Study
    – Supporting Diverse Learners Field of Study

    Placement courses
    Students studying Guidance, Counselling and Careers can choose to complete a practicum course, that involves approximately 200 contact hours.
    Students studying Supporting Diverse Learners can choose to complete a practicum course that involves approximately 20 contact hours.
    Students may incur costs associated with the practicum (e.g. travel, parking, stationery). Practicum placements may be located throughout Australia or overseas. Students are required to have a current Blue Card (Working with Children Check) or Exemption Card before commencing a placement in any school or organisations that provide child-related services in Queensland. Students can apply for a Blue Card or Exemption through the School of Education and should do so three months before their practicum is due to commence.

  • Leave a Review